Did you miss something? Keep Reading

Σάββατο 22 Σεπτεμβρίου 2018

because a kitchen sink to me is not a kitchen sink to you

Hello friends! 

if you have visited my ''music page" you already know my love for a band called : Twenty One Pilots
Four years ago i listened for the first time one of their songs with the title "Kitchen sink" . I realised then that this song was trying to transmigate the same meaning that Kyriakoupoli (our blog) aims to!
Music and art has this magical and beautiful ability to connect and impact people through it's sentimental lens. That\s why i am making this post. I was planning for a long time to post something about this song and eventually here it is!
Our team would love to hear your opinion about the subject from your young and fresh perspective!
thanks |[K]|
[Don't forget to follow us of facebook and instagram @kyriakoupoli]





Fist of all listen to the song



ok! Did you like it? well...it has a whole analysis behind it and i am going to explain to you every lyric as i know it from different sources and then i can appose my point of view and how i understant it!

Let's see what others had to say about the song according to the band itself as well

Tyler Joseph (he is the singer and the songwritter) has said that this song, in particular, is extremely important to him. When asked about the famous symbol that has come to represent the band, |-/, he told interviewers that the meaning of that symbol has a lot to do with “Kitchen Sink.”
Something happened to me at a kitchen sink. There was something I realized. That song “Kitchen Sink” and that reference means something to me. But if I were to tell you exactly what that meant, those times where I need the motivation to continue forward, I wouldn’t have that as part of my motivation. In my darkest hour, when I’m trying to figure out what to do with myself, there’s that thing, that song…If I were to no longer continue forward, there would be no one there to explain this thing. I will not tell you what a kitchen sink is to me because it represents something that only I understand.

What IS a kitchen sink to Tyler?



The whole concept of that song is that I feel that humans are always struggling when it comes to purpose, trying to figure out their purpose is, what purpose even is, what’s the point, justifying your own existence.
A lot of kids and people my age struggle with “what’s the point,” and with the logo, what it really means is it’s an encouragement. When someone asks me what the logo means to me, the logo means something to me because I made it mean something to me. That’s the point. The point is that I created something that only I understand and whether or not I decide to disclose the meaning of it, that’s the beginning of purpose for me.
The meaning of purpose for me, is by creating something, if it be by writing lyrics, painting a picture, by expressing yourself through art…if it’s photography or music or theater, or whatever it is. It doesn’t have to be artistic, but if you create something and only you know the meaning of it, that’s the beginning of purpose for you.
When you’re in the room by yourself trying to decide whether to stay alive, you can tell yourself “I should probably stay alive because I’m the only one who knows the meaning of that thing,” so the logo is an encouragement for people to create. That’s what it means.

What is this "Kitchen Sink" about?



As Tyler has said in interviews such as this, “Kitchen Sink” is about finding purpose in something that only you know about.


KYRIAKOUPOLI'S POINT OF VIEW
This idea of finding your purpose in life is vital especially for teenagers and young adults like us. We constantly need to understand why are we doing something otherwise we will lost our interest. We in Kyriakoupoli believe that nowadays young people lost their interst in life and that's why they waist so much time on social media. Our blog aims to develop again this need for CREATING. If we are not creating then we are not living. That's why we created symbols that we and only understand full...because in that way we created a reason..a meaning for ourselves in order to continue, and for you a reason to read our blog and constantly try to find out our meaning and creating YOUR MEANING!

Lyrical analysis : click on each lyric

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου